Wednesday 13 March 2019

Hospital Bag Checklist

Hands up who finds packing stressful? πŸ™‹πŸ»‍♀️πŸ™‹πŸΌ‍♀️


Whether it be packing for a week in the Sun or just a night way, the anxiety I get thinking I am going to forget something goes through the roof! 😣

There are so many websites advising what are essentials for yours and your Little Ones Hospital Bag that it can be extremely overwhelming when the time eventually comes to start packing. 

Everyone you speak to will have their own opinion on when you should aim to prepare your Bags and from my experience anything from 30-36 weeks was the majority, so me being me (and always leaving everything until the last second) I opted to pack my bags at 36 weeks...And if I'm being completely honest that was only due to the fact that we had a night away booked so I didn't really have much choice, just in case I went into early labour! πŸ™ˆ

I ended up packing 2 bags - 1 for Bump and 1 for myself. That way it should hopefully save a lot of rummaging around!



Oh and don't forget snacks!!! (Yes, my drinks/snacks do have a separate plastic bag for themselves! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) Rory is not allowed to touch my snacks (strictly forbidden!) so he's packing his own. Which will probably consist of Energy Drinks, Salt and Vinegar Sticks and Kinder Chocolate! πŸ™Š


**The time of year will determine what extras you feel necessary to pack**

For Mum;
Birthing Notes (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
Nightie/T-Shirt (For Labour)
Dressing Gown/Slippers (In case you're in Hospital for a while after Labour)
Breast Pads
Maternity Towels
Going Home Clothes (Something comfy and baggy)
Nursing Bra/Nursing Tops (If you decide to Breastfeed)
Nipple Cream
Knickers (Couple of pairs - You can never have too many!)
Toiletries (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Shower Gel, Deodorant, Mini Shampoo, Dry Shampoo, Face Flannel)
Towel
Lip Balm (I've been told Gas and Air can dry out your Lips!)
Snacks (Gotta keep up those energy levels!)
Phone charger
Hair Bobbles

**Non-essential but nice to have**
Hot Water Bottle
Ear Plugs (In case you need to stay overnight - Hospitals aren't exactly the quietest of places!)
Your own Pillow/Blanket
Birthing Music Playlist
Makeup (For if you need a slight pick me up before leaving the Hospital)

For Bump;
Nappies (I have opted for Asda's Little Angels range and I packed Size 1)
Nappy Bags
Scratch Mitts
Socks/Booties
Bibs
Hats x2
Sleepsuits x4
Bodysuits x4
Ready Made Bottles (I plan to Breastfeed however if I can't, for whatever reason, I have a pack of ready made SMA Pro Infant Milk Formula Bottles)
Water Wipes
Cotton Wool Pads
Muslins (Pack a few, as Babies have a tendency to be sick quite a lot!)
Jacket/Coat (For leaving the Hospital)
Blanket
Cuddly Toy (Optional - But cute for any Hospital photos taken)
Car Seat (Leave in the car until you and Bump are ready to leave the Hospital)

**This list may also vary if you were booked in for a C-Section**

It may be an idea for your Birthing Partner to also consider packing a few items. Things such as a Toothbrush, change of clothes, Phone/Phone charger and Snacks are some must haves! Use this time to discuss transportation to the Hospital as well - It may sound obvious but you don't want to plan to go by Car and then realise when you go into Labour that you have no Petrol!!! 😬

Hopefully all (or at least a few!) of you Mummy-to-be's will take away even 1 thing from this post! 😘

I would love to hear what you packed in your Hospital Bags, so leave a comment below if you think of anything I have missed off which may be beneficial for any future Mum's/Dad's! πŸ‘πŸ»

Oh and GOOD LUCK!!!!!! πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸΌπŸ’—πŸ’™
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© From Bump To Baby Keeble
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig